Why new moms have back pain
CAUSE of BACK PAIN
- Strained back muscles – As pregnancy progresses, your uterus becomes heavier, and you naturally bend forward. To keep your balance, you fight for perfect posture and lean back. This can make the back muscles work harder, and this extra strain can lead to pain, soreness, and stiffness.
- Abdominal muscle weakness and imbalance – During pregnancy, abdominal muscles become stretched and may weaken. Also, it may result in core imbalance, which can also lead to back pain.
- Pregnancy hormones – Hormones released during pregnancy allow ligaments in the pelvic area to soften and the joints to become looser in preparation for giving birth. If the joints become too loose, this can lead to back pain.
- Nutrition and vitamin balance – A nutrition imbalance can throw off your hormones and result in back pain.
- Stress – As noted in “Are Your Emotions Causing Your Back Pain,” many people are often reluctant to admit there is an emotional cause for their back pain. But, emotions and stress are major contributors to back pain.